when multiple devices are involved and with each device, there are 100s of features and settings that can directly impact on your ps4 troubleshooting, it is bound to leave you confused. Today we present you with an ultimate guide on how to factory reset ps4 (PlayStation) to help you further troubleshot ps4 related problems.
If you are one of the many PlayStation 4 users that have owned the gadget for some time now, you probably think about performing a factory reset on it. Matter of fact, factory reset is an advisable thing to do from time to time. Many useless files accumulate over time and the system cache needs occasional clearing. The factory reset will open up valuable space and will make the machine function much better than before. The fact is that today`s video games are very big and take a lot of space on hard drives. If you want to know how to do a factory reset on your PS4, here are the steps you should follow.
factory reset ps4
- Start by deactivating the system. This can be done by going to the Settings option, then go to Account Management. Here, press Select Activate as Your Primary PS4 and then click the Deactivate button. It is a pretty easy and simple first step to take.
- The second step, which is optional but recommended to take, is to back up your data. PlayStation Plus subscribers can set an auto-backup option that will upload saved data to cloud servers. Cloud services are very helpful today, enabling you to save much of your valuable data. For more on that, check Cloudpbx24.no If you do not perform a backup on your saved data, you will have to start every single video game you own from scratch. Backing up is also easy – open the Settings menu, go to Application Saved Data and follow the instructions about how to save your files on cloud service or something else.
- Next is menu initialization. Again, go to the Settings menu and select Initialization, which will initialize your PS4. When you select Initialize, you will reach the last menu where you have two options – either Quick or Full factory reset. Keep in mind that choosing the Quick option will not reset your PS4. It will just sign you out from services and will delete your user data and save data. A Full reset is what erases everything from the system. If you are facing some software issues it is better not to bother with the Quick option. Go for the Full reset, which takes about half an hour to one hour to complete on average. After you choose your reset option, be prepared to re-download your apps and games and restore previously saved data.
These steps follow the simplest method for the factory reset of PS4. If your PS4 is facing some serious issues, software problems or something else, another good option to do a factory reset is through the Safe Mode.
Resetting PS4 by Using Safe Mode
Start by downloading the PS4 system software. Installing it from scratch is a good way to go. You can download it directly from the Sony PlayStation website. Also, you should have a USB drive prepared, which you will use to create a folder called PS4. Inside that folder, create another folder called Update where you will paste the copied system software. Remove the USB drive but keep it close as you will need it for the next step. you can start ps4 in safe mode using easy steps.
- Now it is time to start your PS4 in the Safe Mode. Shut off your PS4 by holding down the power button. When it beeps twice in a matter of a few seconds, it means it’s turned off completely. Then the system will ask you to attach the USB, after which you will start in Safe Mode.
- Choose Initialize PS4, which will reinstall the system software. The system will ask you to attach a USB stick with the software, which you will already have it ready. Insert the USB into the console, follow the instructions, and give the system some time before it does its work. The system will slowly re-install the software, after which you will have your PS4 ready as if it was fresh out of the factory. Sign-in, restore saved files, and then you can enjoy playing your favorite games again. These were the short instructions for doing a factory reset for your PS4. You have two options – Normal and in Safe Mode, so it is good to know them both. As you can see, doing a factory reset is not complicated. Anyone can do it without problems, just make sure you follow the instructions. Doing factory reset from time to time will keep your PS4 in good shape and it will prolong its operating time.
I hope these steps help. do let us know if you need further help