The printer is one of the most needed peripheral devices in business as well as institutes. When it comes to buying a new printer, canon is the first choice of customers. The wide ranges of Canon printers are available in the market which suits for every individual as well as commercial requirement.
Canon printers are well known for its advanced features and functionalities at affordable rates. Apart from the advanced features, canon printers are having some technical glitches. Most of the users reported that they are facing error B203 on the canon printer unit.
Reason For Canon B203 Error
There are multiple reasons behind the B203 error with the canon printers. Some of them are given below.
- Incorrect installation of the ink cartridge.
- Empty or damaged ink cartridge.
- Clogged or damaged printer head.
- Poor or no internet connection between the canon printer unit and computer system.
- Unsupported or the outdated printer driver software.
This article provides a set of solutions to resolve the error B203 with their canon printer unit. The users who are facing the error like canon printer not responding with the error code B203 can stay tuned with this article to fix the error. Read More About Common canon Printer Errors & Fixes in easy steps.
Fix canon error B203
- Restart the printer unit and computer system:
Due to continuous printer jobs, there is the possibility of overheating of a printer unit and the system connected with the printer. In such cases, users can turn off the printer unit and system for some time and start it again. Most of the cases the restarting the printer unit and computer systems resolve the error B203 on the canon printer.
- Scan the printer with printer troubleshooter:
If restarting of the printer unit doesn’t help then the user can scan their printer unit with the troubleshooter by following the given steps.
- visit the official canon website and search for canon scan utility software that suits your canon printer model.
- Go to the download folder and install the canon scan utility software in the system by following on-screen instructions.
- Open the application and click on the start scan button to scan the document.
- Click on next. The scanning process might take a couple of seconds to finish.
- After then click on the fix now button to fix the detected problems with your printer unit.
- Restart the printer and test the canon printer for error.
Reinstall the ink cartridges of the canon printer:
The users who recently installed the new ink cartridges are usually experienced the error code B203 with their canon printer unit. Those users can reinstall the ink cartridges.
- Users should also check the ink in the ink cartridges and replace the ink cartridges if they are empty.
- Check for internet connection/ check the connection between the printer unit and computer device:
The users who are using the network or wireless printer should check their internet connection. Poor connection or the no internet connection between the system and canon printer unit might be the reason behind error b203. To resolve the problem of poor connection users can restart their router or modem.
The users who connect the printer and computer system with the help of a USB cable should check whether the cables are connected properly or not. Users can check if the connecting cable is damaged or not. Users can try to connect the printer with the computer system by using another printer cable. If it works then there is a problem in the USB cable of a canon printer unit and the user needs to replace it in order to resolve the B203 error
Update the canon printer driver software:
Canon printer recommends users to update the driver software for the error-free printing experience. User can update their canon printer drivers on their windows system by using the steps provided below.
- Press the Windows key and R buttons from the keyboard simultaneously.
- It will open the run box on the windows type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the text box and press the enter button.
- On the screen, It will open the device manager window. User needs to search for the printer drivers on the list.
- Right-click on the canon printer drivers from the list and click on the update printer driver option from the context menu.
- It will take a couple of minutes to update the canon printer drivers. Users can wait for some time till it downloads the updates.
- Restart the computer system after the driver update and test the canon printer for the error B203.
Sometimes there can be a problem in the present device drivers of canon printer; in such cases, the easy and best solution is to uninstall the current printer drivers from the system. After then restart the computer system and download the latest printer drivers from the official canon website for your printer unit. Visit www.canon.com/ijsetup for more instructions
Check canon printer for the paper jam:
Several times b203 error occurs due to paper jam so the user should check their canon printer for the paper jam and remove the paper jam if any.
In many cases, one power cycle of the canon printer can remove the paper jam. If it doesn’t fix the error then here are the steps to remove paper jam with the canon printer unit.
- Turn off the printer and unplug the power cable of the canon printer unit.
- Open the printer back and remove the toner cartridges and paper tray from the printer unit.
- Check the printer from inside for the paper jam. Remove it by using the feeder path to the paper tray slowly.
- Clean the printer from backside and remove the small pieces of paper from the printer inside (if any).
- Turn on the and check printer for error by giving test print.
In this way user can clear the paper jam from the canon printer. User can make use of paper clips and clean the printer regularly to avoid any paper jam in the future.
Clean printer head:
User need to clean the printer head with the help of cotton and cleanser as clogged printer head leads to the various error with printer. User need to replace the printer head if it is damaged.
So the user can use the above set of solutions to fix the error B203 with canon printer unit. Users can also get in touch with the official customer support team canon for further assistance with error B203.