Hi there, many users have requested quick and detailed steps on how to make MSN as the default homepage of their browser. once can also choose to use MSN search as the default search engine of their internet browser.
Now it’s very easy but some plugins and browsers extension tends to change the homepage and search engine results of your web browser so if you recently experience this issue where your MSN homepage is gone from the homepage then you better check the system and settings as instructed below.
Make msn Homepage
there are many web browsers but most of the users use Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge Safari or Mozilla firefox. Nowadays it’s been seen that antivirus programs have also launched their browser for an extra layer of security and protection which we don’t really recommend for users.
Let us show you How to make changes for all major Browsers and at the end of the topic, we will talk further about preventing this type of issue in the future.
Make msn Homapge on Google Chrome
- Open your google chrome and at the right-hand top click on 3 vertical dots
- Click on setting.
- Click on Startup on the left side and choose open a specific page or set of pages
- now click on add new pages and then type www.msn.com and click on add
- Now you can also use Bing as your search engine if you are going to be using MSN
- please click on the search engine from the left navigation menu and use the drop-down menu to select bing
- Now you can exit the browsers and reopen it, the settings will take effect and you should be good to go now.
in case you have Microsoft edge then try the steps below-
Read more about msn homepage not loading problem
on Microsoft Edge
- open the Microsoft edge and please click on the three dots at the right top of your browser
- select settings and then choose start, Home and new tabs from the left navigational panel
- Now select open these pages and click on add new pages
- type www.msn.com and click on add to make the msn your homepage
You can also make MSN as the home button on the toolbar.
Below the same option, you can select the box and type msn.com and click save to make it a home button.
Exit the browser and reopen it and you should be set to go.
Make MSN Homepage on Firefox
- open the firefox and click on the Menu bar at the right top of the screen
- Go to the settings and click on search at the left navigational panel
- at the bottom of that page please click on find more search engines
- on the next screen type MSN homepage at the search bar
- now click on MSN Homepage and Bing Search Engine and add it to the firefox extension
- Confirm the changes in the search engine and homepage
- save the settings and exit the browser
you should be good to go with firefox now.
Change the homepage on safari
- open your safari browser and then click on Safari from the top menu
- click on preference then click on General
- under the homepage field please type www.msn.com and apply the settings
- exit the browser and you should be good to go
- you can also choose the search engine from safari settings and make it to the bing if you want
That’s how you make MSN your homepage across all major web browsers. in case you need any help contact support or comment below to let us know your problem.