Antimalware Service Executable is another name of the process MsMpEng.exe. It plays an effective role in the Windows Defender service. It runs in the background, and you can find it in the Details tab in the Task Manager.
This is known for consuming a huge amount of share of CPU processing power. This alone is enough to slow down your system speed rapidly. Your system speed annoys you too much to shut down your system and stop doing the work.
Assuming you’re a Windows Defender user and have seen high CPU use for unusually significant stretches of time, you’ll be satisfied to realize that the issue can undoubtedly be settled, and you are not alone to face this issue.
You will be pleased to know that you are on the right platform. Here you will get to know about some troubleshooting ways to fix this. So, keep reading the article and try the given solutions for you.
Solutions to fix antimalware service executable
Reschedule Windows Defender Properly
The issue is predominantly because of its real-time highlight. So you can change Windows Defender’s schedule to fix it. Here are the steps for it.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R simultaneously to open the Run box.
- Type taskschd.msc and press Enter.
- You need to double-click on the Task Scheduler Library.
- Click on Microsoft and then the Windows option.
- Now, you need to double-click on the Windows Defender in Windows.
- Next, you are required to double-click on the Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.
- You need to uncheck the Run with the highest privileges.
- Last, uncheck all the items in the Conditions section, then select OK.
If this solution won’t work for you, then don’t worry. You have also mentioned other solutions for you to try and manage antimalware service executable.
Check real-time protection settings
Another way to fix this issue is to check the real-time protection setting. Here is the step-by-step procedure to check the setting. So, follow the straightforward and easy steps below.
- Start this strategy by composing the Virus and Threat assurance in the Windows search box.
- In the following stage, you want to tap on Virus and Threat assurance.
- Now, you are expected to tap on the Manage setting choice under Virus and Threat security settings.
- After that, switch off Real-time security.
Read More on how to fix norton error 3039 1 security error
Add Antimalware Service Executable to Windows Defender exclusion list
- First of all, you need to open the Setting window.
- In the next step, you need to select Update & Security.
- Now, under Windows Security, you need to select Virus & threat protection.
- Also, select Manage Settings under Virus & threat protection settings.
- You need to select Add or remove exclusions option.
- After that, you are required to type Antimalware Service Executable.
- Click on the OK option.
After following the above-mentioned step, check whether your issue is resolved or not. If not, then proceed further with the next method.
Scan For Malware
There is a probability that malware has affected the MsMpEng.exe interaction. You need to scan the system with software like Malwarebytes and AdwCleaner to filter for and erase any malware which could be available on your PC.
Use another antivirus software
If your Windows Defender is causing you trouble, then using another antivirus software is the best choice. There are many antivirus software available in the market for you to choose. So, try the other ones to safeguard your data and information.
Windows Defenders is one of the best tools to protect your system from viruses or malware. It deep scans your system and assures its security of it. But it is also true that sometimes it also cause you problems that affect your work in a way.
One of the issues is the antimalware service executable. But don’t worry, as you can resolve this error by following the mentioned solution in the article. We have tried to explain the solutions properly to you. So, try them out and start using your system with the best performance.