Today we Are Going to explain How you can setup Belkin Wireless With Or Without a Computer.
Folks, Belkin routers are Among best Home Wireless Routers & You have made a Right choice by Purchasing the Product. It’s Easy to Install & Configure According to Users Need.
We have used Belkin routers for more than 5 years and Now we Know in & Outs of this Product & Today we Intend to Share the experience & Knowledge We had with the Belkin Router.
Table Of Contents
Few Tips Before Setting Up Belkin Router –
- You Need to Know Your Internet Connection Type (You Can Ask Your Internet Service Provider For This) Like You have DHCP, Static Ip Or PPP0E Connection
- Default IP (Gateway) For Belkin Router Along With default username & Password. In Case of Belkin, it Should be 192.168.2.1
- Keep an Ethernet Wire (Internet Cable)
Now Without wasting your Important Time let us Start Explaining how you Can setup Belkin On your Own.
Setup Belkin Router –
Folks, First just unbox your Belkin router and if you have an old Belkin router than we suggest you reset Belkin router before Proceeding for installation.
Connecting the Belkin router with Modem –
- Reboot Your Cable Modem (internet service Provider device) and wait for 30 sec.
- Plug the Belkin router to power & Turm on Power Supply.
- Connect the Belkin wireless Router with your modem with help of an Ethernet cable.
- Now verify that your WAN port Of modem is Connected to the Yellow Port of your Belkin wireless router.
If you have done this step Right …..Bravo
But we have One more step to Go –
Before we set up the Belkin router with your internet Connection We need to ask you 2 questions
- Do you have an Extra Ethernet Cable?
- Do you have a computer Or laptop?
For both answers, if Yes than Great, If No then we will teach You both Ways how to do that –
Do remember you can use the same steps on your computer to set up the Belkin wireless router
Setup Belkin Router with tablet or phone-
Friends I understand that Not everybody has the computer Or maybe you don’t have the computer right at this moment Or maybe you are just too lazy to go to your Computer so here are few steps that you can use to set up the Belkin wireless router without using a computer.
After you have Configured the modem with Belkin wireless router just follow this step
Open Your Android phone Or tablet and download a full browser like Chrome, Firefox or opera
Google chrome was can be a Good Option as a Browser.
- look Carefully on your wireless network list
- You will be able to see a new unsecured Belkin wireless network please Connect with it.
- Now on the top of your browser type 192.168.2.1 and hit enter (GO)
- Here you can see your wireless router configuration. you can follow the steps Given and set up the router security and password.
- You can add a new password for the wireless router and new network name and save the settings
- Once you save the settings try performing a restart on your Belkin router.
Congrats your Belkin Wireless router setup is Complete now you can enjoy using the wireless network
You can use the same steps on the computer if you do not have an extra internet cable
Now I will Guide You Towards another way installing the Belkin router.
Belkin Wireless router setup with Computer –
it is the easiest way of configuring Belkin router with your modem –
- Connect the Belkin router with the modem with internet cable as I have explained at the beginning of this post.
- Now connect the computer with an Ethernet cable from the first port of your router (LAN 1)
- Open the router setup page by 192.168.2.1 and let the modem detect your internet connection type
Tip – I want you to know this most of time its the DHCP Connection In case if you have a PPPoE connection ask your Provider for username and password
- Now once you are at your Belkin router setup page you can set up the password for your Belkin router so only you can access it.
- Now Go to the wireless settings and change the password if you like and Disable the Guest Network (unless You decide to give Free wireless to everyone or maybe you are running a coffee shop )
- You can also Change the network name that will display on your screen as your network name its Called SSID
- once you do all these changes please save all settings and reboot your router and computer and I am very confident that this will help in Belkin Wireless router setup.
Read More About – How to setup Belkin router
🙂 In any case, if you still need more help with Belkin Wireless router setup please Let us know Via your Comment below and Please share us. This will help me improve the quality of this post.
You Can Also Troubleshoot Belkin problems using our Guide Belkin Support And Belkin Router Troubleshooting Related Guides
🙂 Thanks a lot for taking the time to read my post.