If you want to set up the Tenda Wireless Router, then you come to the right place
Before knowing the steps for setting up the Tenda Wireless Router, it is necessary for you to understand “what Tenda Wireless router is?”
The Tenda Wireless adapter works on IEEE wireless standards, and it is efficient in quickly transferring file like video, documents and other application that require higher bandwidth. Further, it also comes with the wireless configuration program that enables quick and easy setup of the wireless client.
The Tenda Wireless Router comes with two important integration that is Soft AP and WPS encryption. The Soft AP helps router to support the establishment of the fast wireless network. Whereas, using WPA encryption, you can quickly establish secure and encrypt wireless network.
Moreover, the Tenda Wireless Router can be easily used and also holds a robust signal with long distance transmission.
Table Of Contents
Things you need to understand
- The Internet is now becoming the essential part of our life. Nowadays, the Internet connection is necessary to perform our daily task. Just setting up a router and encrypting it doesn’t secure your internet connection. When we migrate our critical functions to the internet, we become more vulnerable to many online attacks. These attacks may compromise your data like pictures, documents, and personal details. So, nobody can afford to lose such important data.
- Thus, it is important to protect the system from nuisance caused by hackers. So, one must hire an ethical hacker for tracking the router and internet connection for any vulnerability. If you cannot afford an ethical hacker, then you opt for Ethical Hacking Course that is available online by various websites. In this course, you will learn about various technics for checking the environment of Internet technology for every possible vulnerability and weak links.
Encryption is necessary for Wireless Network
- It is necessary that you must encrypt the information that you send over your wireless network, using the encryption you’re able to stop the nearby attackers from eavesdrop over your network or communication.
- It is necessary to encrypt your network because the information you send over the network gets scramble using the encryption method and become not accessible to others, i.e. it is known as the best method for securing the network for the hackers.
- In the encryption, two main types of encryption methods are available Wi-Fi Protected Access(WPA) and WEP(Wired Equivalent Privacy), and mostly, every router uses the same encryption. If you have a choice than opt for WPA2, it is the strongest encryption method and can secure you from various type of intruder attack.
- In the past years, older routers come with WEP encryption method which was not efficient in securing router. Due to WEP encryption, the older router gets easily compromised by any common hacking program. So, buy a new router that comes with the new encryption method, and surely Tenda Wireless Router will not disappoint you.
Steps to Setup a Tenda Wireless Router
- Plug in your Router adapter and connect the router with a computer using the Wired Router. Now, connect the cable to one of the yellow ports of your Tenda Router.
- Open the web browser on your computer and go to http://192.168.0.1.
- You will be prompted to enter the username and password. In username type “admin” and password type “admin.”
- Enter “WLAN Settings” and then “Basic Settings”.
- Select “Enable Wireless” and enter the new router name in the “SSID” field. By default, the name is “Tenda”, but you can change the name. Make sure that name included only numbers and characters. Let other settings be the same and tap “Apply”.
- Now, tap “Security Settings”.
- In “Security Mode” select the type of Network Security and Enter the Password.
- For the demo settings, select “WPA Personal”. Check whether the “AES” selected, if yes then enter in “Pass Phrase”. It will change your Wireless Network Password. By default, it is “PlasChangeMe” or any “default password”, you can change it. Do not change the “Key Renewal Interval” default settings and select “Apply”.
- Tap “WPS Settings”.
- Tap “Disable” and then “Save”.
- Select “System Tools” and then “Change Password”. You can change the username and password here if you want to. You are supposed to enter the new username in the place of “admin” and old password of “admin” in the field of the old password. In the new password field enter the new password and confirm.
- The user can access the router’s configuration page with these details. If you forget the login details, then you can reset the password again.
- Close the configuration page.
- Your new Home network is successfully setup. Connect the modem and router using the blue port present on the router’s back side. Power cycle the router and modem, after that you can use the internet for the home network.
It is necessary to protect your network from any unauthorized access, and it can only be possible by securing your router. Your router is the main route between local network and internet, and it’s essential to secure your first line of defense from any unauthorized access. So, new encryption router that supports WPA2 it gave your network strong security. Even, you can also hire the ethical hacker to keep track on your network, or you can keep track of your network yourself just by gaining knowledge from any Ethical Hacking Course.
“The more secure your connection is, the less you worry while browsing over your network.”