Resetting any wireless router may solve many problems related to wireless networks. today in this short and quick guide we will explain to you how to reset the Belkin router back to default factory settings and How to setup Belkin router after a restore.
Dear Friends In Case Your Belkin Router is Working But You Forgot only the wifi Password for Your Belkin Wireless Then we recommend Recover Or Reset Belkin Password Instead of the Whole Router Reset.
Why Reset Belkin Router?
Performing Router Reset is the Last Line of troubleshooting Done to fix Router Related Problems. Once you Reset your wireless Router it will be back to default factory settings allowing you to set up and make changes to your Belkin router as you see fit.
Reset will allow you to log in to the Belkin Router dashboard with the default username and password of the Belkin wireless router.
- troubleshooting Belkin router internet connection and Performance.
- wifi password and router admin password reset
- Changing Security and Connection from other devices
- Fix Frequent disconnection problems with Belkin router etc.
Now Let’s Get Straight To The Point And Know How to Reset Belkin wireless router.
How to Refresh settings to default
Keep in mind that once reset you can not go back to previous settings and all the existing Router settings will be wiped out. It’s Quick easy and effective and you will be able to set up the Belkin router again in a few clicks just follow the steps given below-
We Have Reset Almost 1000 Routers and Yes Almost 95 % of Router Did Work With Right Settings After Reset. There Are Two Ways You Can Reset Belkin Wireless Router.
Most people are resetting the router starting with a hard reset but a soft Reset is the First recommended way to go if you can log in to the Belkin router admin page. Skip the soft Reset part if your Belkin is not connected to your computer Or Phone.
How to Soft Reset Belkin Router
Soft Reset is the Safest way of resetting the router settings, Unfortunately, Most people don’t know that and don’t understand how it works. even if your Belkin router is not working with the internet you can log in to the Belkin dashboard.
So just to Troubleshoot you can disconnect the internet cable that is coming from the router to Modem.
- Plug the Belkin router to the power and connect it with the computer using a cable
- Please Login To Your Router Using 192.168.2.1 and Please Click On Submit to Login Belkin router.
- Go to Settings, and Under Utilities Click On Factory Restore.
Wait For a Minute and let the Belkin Router Reset. Now Restart The router and Perform Belkin router Setup Like A New Router.
Hard Reset Belkin Router
If You Are Not Able To Perform Soft Reset On your Belkin Router Then You Must Do A Hard Reset On Your Belkin Wireless Router to restore the Belkin router settings back to default.
This is the most effective way of doing the Reset on the Belkin wireless router however if not done right it could also result in hardware failure. so please follow the steps as instructed-
- Look At The Back Of Your Belkin Wireless Router There Will Be a Reset Hole.
- Use A pen Or paper clip And Press the Reset Key at the Back Of Your Belkin Router.
- Hold The Reset Key For 20-30 Seconds and Wait for All Lights to start flashing.
- Once you see all Belkin lights flashing let the Restore key go and Restart The Belkin Router
- Restart The Modem and Computer also.
- Your router Has Been Fully Reset and Ready To Configure the router and its Setting
- Please Connect Your Modem with the Router and the Router with the computer.
- Login to the Belkin router and update the firmware settings.
- You Can Use these Steps to setup Belkin Wireless router
Pro Tips –
- While Doing a Hard reset on any WiFi router Please be gentle and Don’t overdo it so it doesn’t cause hardware failure to the router.
- Understand Your Router Range and Limits and Make sure to Place the router in between the infrastructure of the House for better connectivity Throughout the Home.
- if you have a Bigger house or wider area to cover Please Install Belkin Range Extender With Belkin.range to Extend your wireless Network.
😉 Please Comment Below And Let Me Know If You Need Any Other Help to Reset Your Belkin Wireless Router.