Belkin is a plug & play device and it’s very easy to setup a Belkin router with your cable Modem or internet connection. if you have an older Belkin router that needs to be configured please reset the Belkin wifi router settings before you jump to Belkin router setup.
Folks, Belkin routers are Among the best Home Wireless Routers & You have made the Right choice by Purchasing the Product. It’s Easy to Install & Configure According to the User’s Needs. We have used Belkin routers for more than 5 years and Now we Know about the in & Outs of this Product & Today we Intend to Share the experience & Knowledge We had with the Belkin Router.
Belkin Router Setup
Few Things You Need prior to the Belkin router setup. Please keep it handy if you have if Don’t have it Keep reading further.
- You Need to Know Your Internet Connection Type (You Can Ask Your Internet Service Provider For This) Like You have DHCP, Static Ip Or PPP0E Connection
- Default IP (Gateway) For Belkin Router Along With default username & Password. In the Case of Belkin, it Should be 192.168.2.1
- Keep an Ethernet Wire (Internet Cable)
Now Without wasting your Important Time let us Start Explaining how you Can setup Belkin On your Own.
Folks, First just unbox your Belkin router and if you have an old Belkin router then we suggest you reset the Belkin router before Proceeding with installation.
Connecting the Belkin router with Modem
- Reboot Your Cable Modem (internet service Provider device) and wait for 30 sec.
- Plug the Belkin router to power & Turn on Power Supply.
- Connect the Belkin wireless Router with your modem with help of an Ethernet cable.
- Now verify that your WAN port Of the modem is Connected to the Yellow Port of your Belkin wireless router.
- Connecting the Belkin router with Modem
If you have done this step Right …..Bravo, But we have one more step to Go –
Belkin Router Setup Without Cable
After you have Configured the modem with Belkin wireless router just follow these steps-
Friends I understand that Not everybody has a computer Or maybe you don’t have a computer right at this moment Or maybe you are just too lazy to go to your Computer so here are a few steps that you can use to set up the Belkin wireless router without using a computer
However, we recommend using a laptop for installing a Belkin wifi router because a bigger screen helps you set the correct settings.
- Open Your Android phone Or tablet and use a full browser like Chrome, Firefox, or opera mini.
- Google chrome was can be a Good Option as a Browser.
- look Carefully on your wireless network list for a new Belkin network.
- You will be able to see a new unsecured Belkin wireless network please Connect with it.
- Now on the top of your browser type 192.168.2.1 and hit enter to Login Belkin router
- Here you can see your wireless router configuration. you can follow the steps Given and set up the router security and password.
- You can add a new password for the wireless router and new network name and save the settings
- Once you save the settings try performing a restart on your Belkin router.
Congrats your Belkin Wireless router setup is Complete now you can enjoy using the wireless network
You can use the same steps on the computer if you do not have an extra internet cable. Now I will Guide You Towards another way to install the Belkin router.
Belkin Router Setup With Ethernet Cable
it is the easiest way of configuring the Belkin router with your modem –
- Connect the Belkin router with the modem with internet cable as we have explained at the beginning of this post.
- Belkin Wireless Router Setup With Computer
- Now connect the computer with an Ethernet cable from the first port of your router (LAN 1)
- Open the router setup page by 192.168.2.1 and let the modem detect your internet connection type
Tip – most of the time it’s the DHCP Connection In case if you have a PPPoE connection ask your Provider for a username and password
Now once you are at your Belkin router setup page you can set up the password for your Belkin router so only you can access it.
Now Go to the wireless settings and change the password if you like and Disable the Guest Network (unless You decide to give Free wireless to everyone or maybe you are running a coffee shop )
You can also change the network name that will display on your screen as your network name is Called SSID
once you do all these changes please save all settings and reboot your router and computer and I am very confident that this will help in Belkin Wireless router setup. If You Need more help With Go to Belkin Router Installation & Setup Guide
In any case, if you still need more help with the Belkin router setup please Let us know Via your Comment below and please share with us. This will help me improve the quality of this post.
You Can Also Troubleshoot Belkin problems using our Guide Belkin Support And Belkin Router Troubleshooting Related Guides
Thanks a lot for taking the time to read my post.