This Post is all you need when the Netgear router is not working. you can perform router troubleshooting related to many issues. any Wi-Fi router could have a performance-related issue that can disrupt the internet connection.
Please read this post till last & let’s Just Start With Basic Troubleshooting Of Your Netgear Wireless Router
Why is Netgear Router Not working?
Now, this is something where you must pay attention to and understand the issue. if the router has stopped working or your router is not working after reset then the following issues can cause internet disruption.
- Overheating Netgear Router/Modem
- Internet outage or isp disconnection
- Outdated firmware or settings change
- A security breach or incorrect setup
- A faulty cable or Other technical glitches
wifi problems such as overheating, ISP disconnection, settings change, firmware update or security mesh-up could be the cause behind the router problems.
to fix the Netgear router not working problem try these steps given below.
Troubleshooting Netgear Router
Friends, There is No Rush to Reset Your Netgear Wireless Router In Order to Fix wifi router Problem. Try these Steps And Consider Router Reset as The Last Option.
You Would Be Amaze to Know that Most Of Router Connectivity Issue Can Be Resolved By Doing a Simple Reboot Or Power Cycle.
- Restart Your Internet Modem, And Router. Take Out the Power cable from the Router and Modem. Wait for 10 Seconds Before Your Plug it back After that Please Restart Your Computer Also.
- Wait For 1 minute And Look For Internet Light On Your Modem and Router. If You see Internet Light on Modem That Means The Modem is Fine And You Are Getting Internet From Your Internet Service Provider Side.
- Now Look for Internet Light on Your Router Please Try Using the Internet and See if the Restart Helped Or Not.
- Once You Are Done with This Process Let’s Go And Test The Internet Service Provider Connection And Modem.
You Can Reset the Netgear router any time you want but keep it as last resort. let’s start with the Basic Internet Test to detect the issue-
Test The Internet
- Connect Your Computer To Your Modem Using The Ethernet Cable…Yeah got Confused ?? Let Us Explain
- See the Cable Which is Coming From Modem to the Internet Port Of Your Router Please Disconnect that Cable From Router And Plug it Into Your Laptop Or Desktop Computer.
- Make Sure You Turn Off Your Wireless Router And Restart Your Computer And Modem After Making a cable connection.
- Now Once Your Computer is Restarted Please Go And Try Using the Internet With Your Computer.
- if that Works That Will Clear a Few Things, For Example, make sure Your Modem, Computer And Ethernet Cable All three Components Are Fine.
- If the Testing Fail, You might Wanna Contact Your Internet Service Provider Helpline Or Customer support to Fix the Internet.
- Now We Are Done With Basic Troubleshooting. Now Let’s Dig More And Try Fixing Your Netgear Wireless Router common problems.
How to Console Reset Netgear Router
If These Steps And Testing Do Not Respond And You Still Got Your Netgear Router with No Internet Connectivity Then We Think It’s Time We Reset Netgear Wireless Router Using Hard Reset Or Soft reset.
Please Follow The Steps for Soft Reset First –
- Connect Your Computer to the wireless router.
- Type this default Gateway Web Address And login to Your Netgear Router Setup Console Use– routerlogin.net, Or 192.168.0.1 If This Doesn’t Work Try www.routerlogin.com Or 192.168.1.1
- It May Asks For Username and password Use These Variations-
|leave it blank
instead of using the default IP address, you can use the default web address if you want to use it for the Netgear router login
- Now Login to Your Netgear Router And go to Backup Settings Then You Can See the Option For Revert to Factory Default settings.
- Under that Please Click On Erase And Your Router Will Reset all settings to factory default.
- Now It May Ask for a Reboot. Please Restart Your Router And Modem and Try to set up the router again.
- You must know How to Login Netgear Wireless Router in order to perfect the installation.
How to Hard Reset Netgear Router
Dear Friends if Soft Reset Did Not Work for You Then Don’t worry we have another way to Reset Your Netgear Router. Press The Reset Key at the back of Your Router.
- Use a paperclip Or Pen And Press the Reset key At the back of Your Wireless Router. Keep Holding the reset key for 20 -30 seconds Until All Light Start Blinking Together.
- Restart Your Router And Try to setup it up again.
- it’s easy to Setup Netgear Wireless Router after reset.
- See if this Helps Do Remember You Must Update the Firmware of Your router After setup.
you can also find the WPS button on the Netgear router to connect devices such as printers and range extenders in the most effective way.
How to Update Netgear Router Firmware
- It’s Quite Possible that Your router firmware has been outdated And You never Bothered to Perform maintenance Or Software Upgrade on your wireless router.
- Please log in to Your Router Setup Page and Check For Updates.
- Make Sure You Are Connected To The Internet And In Order to Login to the Router Please Type Default Gateway.
- Checkout These Web address for Default Gateway – Try www.routerlogin.net Or 192.168.0.1 If This Don’t Work Try www.routerlogin.com Or 192.168.1.1
- It May Asks For a Username and password Please Use These Variations Provided at the beginning of this post.
- Now Login to Your Netgear Router and you will see a message at the top point of the dashboard saying “new firmware is available”.
- You can tap on that message to check the firmware and update it from that point as it were or follow these steps:
- After that, go to Advanced and then Administration.
- Click on the Firmware Update or Router Update option.
- Now Click on the Check option and then the router will start looking for new firmware.
- Click on Yes and then the router downloads the new firmware version and begins the update.
Once Update Please Restart Your Computer And Router Please Don’t forget to Secure Netgear Router with the admin password on the router After the update.
Tips to Keep Router Healthy
- Turn off the router for 10-15 minutes every now and then or Restart to avoid overheating.
- change the WIFI password every six months & don’t share the WIFI password with someone you don’t trust.
- Make a Guest Network & secure it with a password so for guest users.
- update Netgear router firmware every time there is new firmware available to keep the network secure & fix bugs.
- for better internet connectivity place the router in the middle of the hours or configure a range extender.
- Place the router on the wall where the place is dry without Moisture.
See if all this Information Helps You Solve Your Router Problem. Still, if your Netgear Router is Not Working Please contact Netgear customer support.
Comment below and let us know if you need any other help or check what Netgear’s knowledge base has to say on the matter.
We Thank You For Reading at Techvaidya.com